Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Want To Update DVD Drive ROM Writer Firmware?

Do you sometimes got problem with DVD you are burning with? Keep getting error or stuck in the middle of the burning process? Or even stuck at earlier process, maybe 1%, 9%, or even half of process? This problem or error usually occured for some type or DVD brand. Here is my solution.

It even my first time to know that we can actually update our DVD Drive ROM Writer. First of all, you need to identify what model is your DVD Writer. I use Nero Burning ROM to burn my DVD. So, at the recorder selection, you can see what model your DVD Writer is. You can either see it when you open the Nero Burning ROM and select New Compilation, or go to menu Recorder > Choose Recorder.



At menu Recorder > Choose Recoder, you can view the current firmware revision of your DVD Writer. So now, is that the latest firmware you got there? To find the answer, take note the model of the DVD Writer. Now, go to www.firmwarehq.com. Mine is ihas324. So I search for ihas324. My previous firmware revision is W, and the latest is Y. So I download the ihas324 Y (BL1Y firmware).



Remove any CD or DVD in the DVD Writer, then start the firmware update. After done, restart your computer. BUT WAIT! My DVD Writer is not working after the update. I can not eject it, not responding. If you have problem like me, here is my solution. First, shutdown the PC, turn of the power plug. Then I change the SATA port for my DVD Writer on the motherboard, change to other available slot. Remove the power cable for DVD Writer, and put it back. Then after that, I turn on my computer, and now, its working perfectly!

Hope this article will help you all. Please take note that this my experience and my way on solving this problem. If you want to try, do it at your own risk. Just be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment